Saturday, April 6, 2019

WHAT'S NEXT?

EXISTING MARKET:

1. The next step for my product is talking to a customer. I need to talk to either someone who has power within the public school system department, or a principle in a private school. The ideal customer would be public schools since private schools have more security.

2. After interviewing people, I came to the conclusion that what I said in step 1 needs to happen. I should be planning to talk to someone who would tell me if I am waisting my time or if this is something that needs to be done and can be done.

3. This will take some time. Having an automatic door lock in all schools or just in a few starting in Florida will take a while. There is a lot of research, meetings, and conversations that need to happen before putting this product on the market for schools to install. The best way to have this product start working is setting a meeting with someone who will make it happen.

I feel as if I have been repeating myself, but I have been talking about the existing market since the beginning of my blog posts. Talking to a chairman or someone in charge will help the product be hear about and start adding them to schools everywhere. From past interviews and responses to my blog posts, this is a product that is needed and people want to see it be implemented.


NEW MARKET:

1. If I were to target a very poor part of society, I would have to speak to a commissioner instead of the head of public school systems. I would go to the commissioner of a city and ask for them to arrange a meeting so that schools in a more poor area have the same rights as other places. I can even maybe start in lower income neighborhoods since they sometimes have less security.

2. Like I said before, the automatic door lock may help low income or poorer neighborhoods become more safe. Tragedies can happen anywhere, but sometimes some places are more at risk. In this case poor parts of society tend to me this way. 

3. I interviewed someone who went to public school in a low income/ poorer part of town. They told me that their school as bad to little security and this would be something very helpful and they wish it has existed in their school. Although they were never in danger, now a days it is a different story and there is no such thing as too much safety.

4. I was surprised to learn that the school the person I interviewed did not have a lot of safety. Sometimes poorer parts of society are left out and not as remembered or cared for. This way low income schools will have the same benefits as every other school.

It might be even better to start in schools that are part of poorer societies. This way they have the safety that they lack. Research will be done to see what schools are in more need of safety and that way the automatic door locks will be first installed there. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cristina! I think that your product would be such a benefit to schools around the world. I also agree with you that it might take a while for it to be implemented into all schools. There would probably need to be a lot of tests and trials ran to make sure that the product would live up to its potential .In addition, there would be a lot of paperwork to fill out and go through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cristina! I think going for the poorer areas of society is a great idea. I think working in this area would make a bigger impact than working in wealthier areas. Finding the commissioner of those public schools will allow you to sell your doors in bulk to all of the schools in need in that area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cristina! Great job differentiating what you want to do next between existing markets and new markets. I also felt that securing a customer for my idea was the next step in order to make it a success. Great idea of talking to a commissioner to approve the act of making sure poorer areas of cities obtain the same benefits as the other schools, especially since areas of less wealth are connected to violence. That could really open up a lot of opportunities. Great job on the assignment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cristina, I think you are doing a great job describing your idea. It is hard to do it all by yourself because it is such a large scale idea but talking to potential customers or a chairman is a great idea. I think this idea should be added to schools because safety is especially important. I like how you described both markets well.

    ReplyDelete